Friday, December 14, 2012

Water Resistance Ratings Explained

"Wow, I ordered the Invicta 1846 for my husband for his birthday - thinking what an amazing watch - he will love it. Part of me was thinking that this was too good to be true but the product turned up within a week and I am blown away by it - it is stunning. Thank you for an awesome online purchasing experience - I'll be back for one for myself now."
We received this customer testimonial only this month, and we could not be prouder. Within the line of Invicta watches, the 1846 style is one of our very favorites. As a Russian diver watch, this item is extremely durable and sports a distinctive canteen style construction with a chain and screw-cap watch crown. For water resistance, the 1846 receives a 5 ATM rating. Now what does that mean?

ATM is a unit of atmospheric pressure, and in this case it refers to the amount of pressure a watch can endure before it starts leaking. At 5 ATM, this Invicta watch has been tested to 50 meters or 165 feet and can be worn in the shower or in shallow water. Remember, if you wear any luxury watches without clear ATM ratings, you should not risk wearing them in water.

No comments: