Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Iconic Watch Designer Gerald Genta has died




 Gerald Genta, iconic watch designer has died.

Although I never had the privilege to meet him, his exceptional watch designs, such as the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Timepiece, became the standard to which I base timeless watch design.  In the past I have written numerous blogs about Gerald Genta, as he was one of the first watch makers whose genius caught my attention.   The Horological World will sorely miss one of the greatest watch designers of our time. I would like to extend sincere condolences to his family and friends.  May he Rest in Peace.

In his memory I present links to my Blogs about Gerald Genta and his work.

2 comments:

Eyeweardaily.com/ said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

Sava Georgiev said...

Its a terrible loss for the watch lovers. His designs are exceptional and have become a standard which many have been following during the years.